links



this blog is no longer up to date. please visit




or one of my following accounts:


-


i sure hope to see you there!



Monday, January 24, 2011

one morning with Hayao Miyazaki.


i had the great pleasure to have spent a morning in the presence of one of the most prominent artists ever.

Hayao Miyazaki (宮崎駿) is the director of some of my favorite films, such as "Princess Mononoke", "Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind" or "Spirited Away", just to name a few. therefore, i was very excited to meet the famed Japanese Academy Award winner in person!

mister Miyazaki owns a small patch of wood in the metropolitan area of Tokyo which acted as an inspiration for his animated film "My Neighbor Totoro". he seems to have put a lot of money and effort into saving this oasis of green from vanishing.
there is an annual event where he and volunteers (90% of which are his fans, i guess) free the soil from litter and weeds. that's exactly what we did today.

my friends and i managed to talk to Miyazaki-san for a moment, and he even  bumped into me accidentally while we were working, which i think is kinda cool :P

i had a great morning. thanks to T. for inviting me!




7 comments:

  1. Wow, you're a happy guys! Hayao Miyazaki is a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky! Congrats to you. Miyazaki-san is one of my idols!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so awesome ;w;!

    I want to see the forest too >_<!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, YEAH, when Hayao Miyazaki bumps into you - IT IS cool. So lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOSH! THIS IS SO AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW DENKYO.
    YOU ARE THE LUCKIEST PERSON ON EARTH.
    YOU SHOULD REALLY THANK T FOR INVITING YOU.
    I really want to meet him! :V
    Your lucky lucky lucky.
    I gotta graduate from here first before I can go to Japan ...

    Oh!
    I also love the pictures you took of him.
    Very beautiful lighting.
    You got good angles of him.
    ~ Taffy :3

    ReplyDelete